so, my cousin Tani wrote a blog post that really inspired me to become a better blogger. When I say a better blogger, I don't mean blog MORE, I mean blog about more important things! Usually, when I post, I just write about daily happenings, or projects I have completed, etc. In her blog, Tani wrote about the possibility of touching or uplifting someone by the words people say on their blog. WOW! Then, this afternoon, Meghan and I were looking at blogs, and ran across a non-Mormon, atheist woman who loves to read Mormon mom blogs because they uplift her. Another WOW! So, I don't really know if this post really uplift anyone, or really if anyone is going to be reading this post...but here it is! I hope that someone out there will be inspired to be more grateful! Warning: this is kind of personal, so please don't judge me or tease me! I love you all!
For those of you who don't know, Daniel and I have been battling (I say battling because really some days it feels like a battle!) with infertility since we have been married, but more intensely for about the last year. We always knew that it would be difficult for me to get pregnant, the thought never occured to me that it may not even happen! Last March we were told that it would be a very slim to zero chance that I would get pregnant. As soon as we got that news, we went into LDS Family services and signed up to be on the adoption list. For 6 months, we filled out paper work, went to a bunch of interviews, did more paper work, had a home inspection (which we passed!) did more paperwork, and then finally we got our adoption profile online! YAY! During this time, we were so immersed in all that stuff, that we really didn't have anytime to think about our infertility. It seems like over the last 3 months, so many people I know are expecting....which is very exciting and I am happy I am going to get to be around so many babies! At the same time, it really makes me crave a baby. I will admit, I have been a tad "down" lately, which is a little out of character. Dan finally got sick of me complaining all the time about not having a baby....so he encouraged me to commit to a gratitude journal. Which finally ties in the post title:) every time I blog, I am going to make a list of things that I am grateful for that day. The days I don;t blog, I am going to write it in my journal. Here goes the first day:
1. I am grateful for a HUSBAND who knows me (the good, the bad and the ugly:) He completes me and makes me a better person everyday! He puts up with crazy mood swings and lifts me up when I am having a "down" day!
2. I am thankful for FAMILY! I am thankful that every Sunday we get together to renew friendship!
3. I am grateful for FRIENDS who I can call at a moments notice just to listen and laugh with me!
4. I am thankful for the GOSPEL in my life. I am thankful for an older brother who heals my heart. I am thankful for the pure joy the gospel brings everyday to my life!
5. I am thankful for a HOME... a warm and cozy and beautiful home that I love!
6. I am thankful for a JOB for without it, I would be crazy and likely put into a mental institution. Even though I say that it makes me crazy, I know I would be crazy without it!
7. I am thankful for SUNDAYS!
8. I guess that today I am also thankful for BLOGGING:)
I also want to say that I know there are people out there who have waited longer than us to get a baby....I appreciate you so much...
I also want to say that this blog was not meant to make you guys feel sorry for us!
Thanks for all the support you have given Dan and I throughout this process!