A confession, new watch, and a list of Thanksgiving



Confession: I have a confession to make. I was not very good at being an all day stay at home mom. Do any of you other stay at home moms have a problem with this? You can be honest. I wont judge you if you wont judge me:) It is kind of weird because before we adopted Sophie, I thought that I would be the perfect stay at home mom and that I would LOVE it! I really thought that I would wake up every morning with a smile on my face and take a shower, do my hair, put on a cute 50's style dress and apron and spend the rest of the day cleaning, doing laundry, washing dishes, baking home made bread, and 4 course meals. Don't you hate it when things don't turn out like the way you imagine them? Seriously though, I was having serious problems accomplishing ANYTHING! I would procrastinate EVERYTHING! I think I am one of those people who thrive best when I have a lot of things to each day. ....So, I thought self, what should I do? I do NOT want to work full time! I want something that will help occupy just a small amount of time each day. So, I thought maybe I could be an aide in an elementary school. I get onto the computer and looked at job opportunities. I saw one that would be perfect! It was from 8:00-11:00. I thought, wow! That would be so perfect because Sophie sleeps from 9:00-11:00 so grandma would only have to tend her for pretty much an hour or so each day. I completed an application and turned it in! I felt so happy! I asked my mom if that would work for her. she said it would be so perfect because then for 3 hours a day she could do whatever she wanted with Sophie, like feed her as much as she wants, and feed her chocolate, and syrup and Diet Coke. Anyway, I completed a job application and turned it in. I felt so proud of myself! I was called for an interview and I wore my very most lucky outfit and earrings and I got the job!!!!! Yay! I was so happy! Now I will have a few hours out of the house everyday! Now I will have a little more money:) But, I wont have to be at work all day and have the extra stress of being a teacher. Pretty much, I Will basically still be a stay at home mom....I know people who sleep in till 11:00 ish so you know its the same...I have to justify some of my guilt you know. Anyway, I have been working for a couple weeks now and I am really enjoying it! Actually, I am working with a first grade class as kind of a co-teacher, sometimes I teach and sometimes she teaches. When I am not teaching, I am guiding small reading groups and working with the behind kiddos to get them up to speed. The time goes by fast and I have so much fun! Anyway...
A new watch: Monday, I go into work and for the 10th time I am so frustrated because I NEVER know what time it is! Let me tell you, when you know you are supposed to be somewhere to do something important and you don't know what time it is, it gets very frustrating! Anyway, I had had enough! I dropped everything else that I had to do for the day including but not limited to cleaning the bathrooms and set out to find a watch. The tricky thing was that I wanted a necklace watch. I went to about 5 stores and could not find one...I would not settle on this! The last store I went to was JC Penny and guess what? I found exactly what I was looking for! And guess what else? I had a coupon so I was able to purchase my watch and a surprise Christmas gift for my hubby for only $15.32! Seriously, I felt like it was meant to be! I get so many positive compliments from the kids on it like everyday! I am in love with it


A list of Thanksgiving: Because it is the month of November, I would like to write about a few of the things that I am thankful for! This list is after the usual list of hubby, home, daughter, parents, etc. This is a list of the small and simple things that I am thankful for.....
1. My slipper socks. They are so warm and my feet, toes and heart so happy when I put them on every night.
2. I have said it before, but I am just so thankful for this long and so so so beautiful Fall we have been having. In one of the Anne of something books, there is this long a beautiful Fall and when I was reading the book this Summer, I said a hopeful prayer in my heart that we could have a Fall like that....and it really happened! It really helped out my testimony of prayer!
3. My new necklace watch.
4. The opportunity that Dan and I get to go on a date this coming Friday!!!! Seriously, I know I should not complain but, the last time we went on a date was his birthday 9/26/2011. I am really really looking forward to Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5. That my sweet, kind and loving brother gets home on Monday!!! That is less than a week! I am so excited for him to meet his niece!
Well, sorry that this has been a long post, I just had to get that all out! Love you!
Emily
PS: I also wanted to explain that one of the reasons I made my blog private was that people who I didn't even know were commenting on my blog....it kind of creeped me out! Anyway, if you have any advice regarding a private blog, let me know! Oh, and I am still looking for the yummiest apple cider recipe!

Comments

  1. I never thought that I would work once I had kids, but I just kept a few hours at the job that I had after I had Kylie, and it has been SO great! Steve and Kylie get good daddy-daughter time and I get to be responsible for "adult" things and talk to adults! I'm planning to quit after our next little one comes, so we'll see how that goes...I'm glad that you're enjoying your new job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely do not feel any guilt! I think it's wonderful that you're getting to work a little. I wish I could work more because I definitely relate to the whole "I have all day. Oh wait, now I don't" syndrome. As soon as I feel better I need to get us out of the house more!
    PS I know we need to talk about Thanksgiving- I'll give you a call soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems like stay-at-home moms are always rationalizing why they don't work and working moms are always rationalizing why they do. I think everyone has to figure out what works best for them and their family and then just own it. Totally not worth the guilt :) I'm glad the job worked out for you and had no idea they even made necklace watches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have kids so I can't really say how I will respond to being a mother- but I agree with Audrey 100%. Every person is different and has to find out what works for them. It sounds like an awesome opportunity for you and your little family. Also- love the watch and totally love a good bargain! I also love slipper socks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had some mysterious comments in the beginning too Em, but I don't get any anymore. It's okay to go private though.

    I love your watch!!

    I think it's great that you have a part-time job! I have a part-time job too so I feel like I do something important in my life besides my children. And can kind of support my husband too with a little extra spending cash.

    I know how you feel about being lazy too; most of the time I don't feel the need to get out of my sweats while at home! But I try to focus on getting out for walks together in the morning then preparing a homemade meal for the family at night (it doesn't have to be 4 courses!!)

    Keep up the good work and enjoy your job; I'll bet Grandma will LOVE that time to spoil little Sophie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes really struggled being a Mom, still kinda do I wish I could find a good job like that. Good Job to you though. And the necklace is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts