In which I list all the reasons I love Baking Soda

Dear Friends,
I have been thinking about this post for a long time now. I wanted to take pictures and include them but never got around to it and now I just want to get it all out! So here it is...
1. Baking. Obviously! I remember when I was 11 or so and I carefully made my first batch of cookies all by myself. I proudly took them out of the oven and took a bite....what did I taste? Baking Soda! When I went back and reviewed what I had done, I realized that I had put 2 TBS. instead of tsp!
2. Science Experiments. Have you ever seen the look on a child's face when you mix baking soda and vinegar? Do it!
3. Whitening my teeth. Twice a week or so I brush with it and I am very happy with the results! DO IT! It is probably the cheapest whitener out there!
4. Cleaning. Oh man! This stuff is amazing! I first read about it on my friend Kristy's blog, decided to try it and was AMAZED by the results. You take about 2 cups of baking soda, a tsp or so of dish soap and mix water in it to make it pasty. I use a scrub brush to clean out my sinks and tubs....so cheap and easy and natural! It seriously makes the tub look so sparkly white!
5. Laundry....I add some to my white load for brighter whites. I add some to towels to get rid of moldy mildewy smells. Also, I came across this recipe on Pinterest and I couldn't be happier to get rid of my sweat stains. 1 tsp. Dawn, 3-4 tsp. Hydrogen Peroxide, 2 tbsp. baking soda. Mix together, rub in, and be amazed!
6. At home facial  Just mix together 3 TBSP baking soda and 1 TBSP water for healthy, glowing skin! (OK so this may have mostly been in my head and a bit of an exaggeration:)
7. Put it in the fridge or freezer for a fresh scent!
8. Canker Sores. I put a dab on my canker sores and I swear it helps them go away! 
8.5 the box says that you can add 1 tsp to your shower each week for thicker fuller hair. I have not tried this yet....has anyone?
What do you use Baking Soda for? Well, I hope you all have a wonderful day!
love,
Emily

Comments

  1. Can I just tell you how great I think you are?? This post reminds me of the movie My Big Fat Greek Wedding when the Dad or Grandpa (whoever it is) always wants to put Windex on everything, lol. Love it. I am going to use some of these tips by the way! Totally awesome!! I also use some baking soda with a little hydrogen peroxide to get some of the burnt grease markings off of cookie sheets. You do the same as you were saying to clean the tub-mix it to a paste and scrub away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I was just going to say what Cami said. I make a paste with baking soda and vinegar and use it to clean the burnt on grease off of cookie sheets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baking soda is amazing. We buy it in Costco size proportions we use it so much. I've read several articles on people ditching shampoo altogether and just using baking soda. I haven't tried it yet, but I at least want to give it a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I need to try some of this! All I use it for is fridge deoderizer and baking.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts