Blessed by the Gifts of Others!

 


Throughout our marriage, we have been blessed by so many generous gifts. When Dan needed a kidney transplant,we received many meals, people fasted and prayed for us, and  family and friends donated their time to drive Dan down to Salt Lake 3 times a week for dialysis. Our dear friends, the Paces organized a fundraiser to help raise money for us, they also bought us a pig from the fair and got it ready for us to eat! A pig! seriously! I feel so blessed to be able to say that I have been given a pig as a gift! People cleaned our house, did our laundry and we received so many anonymous donations of money to help pay for Dan's medical bills. Not to mention my best friend donated her kidney to Dan! It was definitely a year of trial but we felt so loved.
      When we adopted Sophie, we had many generous family members donate to the cost of her adoption. My brother, Paul, put together a race and we had so many people come and donate and run for us! It was so sweet and we appreciated it so much!
       Dan and I are humbled by our very brave birth mothers who chose to place Sophie and Elijah with us. We are humbled that Heavenly Fathers trust's us enough to raise these strong and beautiful spirits, even though we are far from perfect. Tonight I am humbled as a sweet almost three year old freely accepted my apology and loves me despite my impatience with her.
       Again, as we have started asking people to donate to our adoption fund, we are humbled by the many people who have been so generous and kind to us. My long time friends Cami Fairbanks and Amelia Hale, and my mom and sister are organizing a super fun yard sale, care wash, carnival extravaganza to help go towards Elijah's adoption costs. I really hope that you can make it to the party on Saturday, May 17th...it will be a really fun Morning/afternoon and it will be great to see you all!
        One thing that we are asking for right now is donations for the yard sale. If you have any items that you would like to donate...please call me or Facebook me and we will come get the items from you or you can bring them to my house:) It would be so very much appreciated! you can even leave a comment on this post or on Facebook if you would like:) Also, if you have any talents that you think would be beneficial at an extravaganza, let me know! Anything like face painting, making balloon animals, cooking hot dogs, or if you just would like to volunteer your time that day, please let me know!!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Much Love,
Dan, Emily, Sophie and Elijah Furse

PS for those of you who do not live in Utah, or cannot make it to the party on May 17th, you can donate online by clicking on this link http://www.gofundme.com/80siik

 

Comments

Popular Posts