6 things I have started doing that has made me a happier woman

Hi friends! 
Last week, I shared a post about all the things I have stopped doing that has made me happier. Today I would like to share about things that I have started doing that has made me happier.


1. Affirmations. I like to say affirmations each day. I stuck them to the back side of the toilet room and the bathroom mirror:) 
A couple years ago, Dan taught me about affirmations and helped me start one that  have been using for awhile now. I just change out the last part. This is how it goes.
"I am a daughter of Heavenly Parents who love me. I am________, I can________, I will________.
Right now mine says "I am courageous (this is something I am keep telling myself because I often find myself in situations where I have to stand up for myself or my kids. I think I am going to write a blog post about this soon) I can show love. I will be patient! You can fill in the blanks to fit your needs.
     Here are a few of my other favorite affirmations.

  • I am in charge of how I feel and today I am choosing happiness.
  • I am doing my best and that is enough. 
  • I am courageous and I stand up for myself.
  • Creative energy surges through me and leads me to new and brilliant ideas. 

    Here are some affirmations I do with my kids: 
  • No one is more important that me, and I am not more important than anyone else. 
  • I am loved by my parents. 
  • I am loved by my brother/sister.
  • I am loved by my grandparents and cousins.
  • I have lots of friends who love me.
  • Heavenly Father loves me.
  • I can make good choices. 







2.  I always have something to look forward to. Sometimes it is just bed time:) I like to always have a girls night, date night, and a vacation planned. Just having those things planned helps me get through rough days! 



3. Less time on the phone more time reading books! In my college days, I remember always talking to people about what they were reading. When Dan and I got married, we came home from work and either did homework or read books for entertainment. We rarely watched TV. We didn't have Netflix or cable so that was probably the main reason. Anyway, I have really been loving books lately. I try to mix it up with different types of books. I have been enjoying books that teach me about race, cultures, and different perspectives. 



4. Riding my bike. I love riding my bike on the trail by my house. I can't help but smile the whole time. Even when I take Eli with me, I have fun chatting with him. 


5. Self-Care. This can be different for everyone and everyone needs different types of self-care for different times in their lives. For me, it could mean a bubble bath, a long chat with my bestie on the phone, girls nights, date nights, feeding my body healthy food, eating all the chocolate, drinking lots of lemon water, drinking all the diet dr. pepper, going through the Little Caesar's drive through and buying a pizza for lunch or dinner, taking my kids to the pool, taking my kids to the beach, getting a massage, pedicure, or manicure, laughing at a joke, listening to uplifting podcasts. Everyone needs to figure out what works for them and just do it! 


6. Buy myself flowers. I love how fresh flowers brighten up my dining area! Dan always buys me flowers for special occasions, and sometimes will bring them home from work for no reason, which is so nice! Whenever I'm at the grocery store, I will just look through the flowers in the produce area and bring home some happy flowers to bring joy to our home. Also, whenever one of the kids is sick and I have to pick up their prescription from the pharmacy, I always pick myself up a little planter or some flowers, or something! I deserve it! I am caring for a sick child and those little plants just really help me feel happier about all of it:) 


Has anyone started something that has worked for them? Share:) 

Love, 
Em

Comments

  1. Running is my ME treat. But I love your idea of getting flowers when you get medicine for the kids. It's been like that at our house since Thanksgiving!! Keep sharing your books; I'm an avid reader too. Love you! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts